AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MU's homework assignment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 4/28/2016 21:42 (#5270547 - in reply to #5269289)
Subject: RE: MU's homework assignment

Missouri

You made me laugh.  It's late again and another long day and I have 3 inches of paper to move to someone else desk before bed.  I said before you are the only one that has all the information and when you mention work load ect that is the information you have.  Many markets will help trucking,(120 miles is nothing)  it gets factored in somehow, as they have to be little careful with some state filings. Then multiple factors to consider.  Market your own calves at higher price #1, ability to add additional calves from others at a profitable position of which also works to have larger numbers to sell and spread things like transportation cost over more pieces #2, ability to time out sale to line up with traditional seasonal patterns #3 all three tied together makes it a no brainier.   Finish with a couple of statements that I have said before.   Have a Plan,  Work the Plan,  Adjust the Plan.   Then the final of which I just typed in to Gavo " Scared money never Win's"    Your discussion about beer is good.  If you remember last fall when the markets crashed I took profit on feeder cattle puts for beer money.  Keep up the Good Work. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)