AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizing Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

lesser
Posted 3/15/2016 08:16 (#5177252 - in reply to #5177165)
Subject: RE: Fertilizing Soybeans

That is kind of what I am getting at, but I am young and I understand that it is not my right to tell people what to do. I brought this up to see if anyone had some hard numbers and ideas on how to lower our national yield in parallel with our expenses which will benefit all and hurt no one. I find it kind of disturbing that no one has any good ideas since we have a huge problem with over production as we speak. First the 10 year increase in yield mentioned above is concurrent with my yield numbers within reason (45 on a decent year to 55-60 on a decent year) over that span of 10 years and I do not fertilize my beans so not sure what we are gaining. I have heard the 50-60 dollar number here a lot in central Minnesota and am hearing 4 bushel gains with some 5' mixed in. If we are cutting back on our corn fert due to this it might make some sense but if we are just pouring the coals to it either way what are we gaining other than demand for fert companies and a large carry over.

This is more of a learning topic for me and I know it might sound otherwise, but the "we need to fertilize big to get huge yields" is not a smart practice on our part????? Is it financial or is it bragging rights or fill me in......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)