AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Explain the Steerable Front Axle To Me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim Naden
Posted 3/9/2016 04:02 (#5164744 - in reply to #5164686)
Subject: RE: Explain the Steerable Front Axle To Me

Southeastern Tipton County, Indiana

durallymax - 3/9/2016 00:24 91/92/93 Case IH Steigers with it were called "row crop specials. IIRC the 1000 series Steigers had it as an option on the smaller ones as well. They called it Accusteer on the STX tractors. I think most used the turntable type pivoting axle, kind of like a supersteer NH. IIRC there were some that had a solid axle with steering knuckles like the rigid frame. I don't think they offer it anymore. If you read around, it wasn't very well received by many it seems.

The STX Accusteer models  were pretty much a complete failure, most that were sold around here ended up with cylinders for the front joint locked in the straight ahead position and the controller disabled. The control system was not reliable at all.

The small frame row crop specials with the front axle that pivoted on a turntable worked well unless they weren't calibrated correctly then they would be jerky.

The 9150, 9250 and 9350 Row Crop Specials were the models with the steerable front axle with outboard planetary hubs. Worked well enough but in our area there wasn't much demand for the medium frame Steiger for work that would benefit from the steerable axle.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)