AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

add on air bags for pickups question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 3/7/2016 20:57 (#5162255 - in reply to #5162232)
Subject: RE: add on air bags for pickups question

Central Nebraska

Oakwood - 3/7/2016 20:50 I on occasion will heap abuse on my farm pickup. that often includes exceeding the recommended amount of weight that I either throw in the back or pile on a trailer behind it. I don't know the right term for them but I have often thought about adding something above the rear springs (such as an air bag) that I could air up on such occasions to help it not sag excessively and help the existing springs. I have heard of people doing this but don't know what is involved or what to look for so thought I'd ask here for some advice prior to proceeding further. its a 2001 sierra 4x4 extended cab is that makes a difference. thanks for the help.

I just put a set on my 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 (Hemi) as I put a Pronghorn service bed on it and with it full of tools and air compressor it squatted more than I wanted.  I did the Firestone Ride Rite bags.  Installation  (first time ever) took about an hour.  I put the valve stems in the rear bumper panel so I have very little hose to run.  The following day I pulled my skid steer around all day from farm to farm and it handled much better than before.  I didn't put a compressor on for them yet and don't know if I will. I generally don't change my load too often.....farm tools....seed tender.....skid steer.....load stays the same for days at a time. 

Edit.....after the first night one side was totally empty....spent a few minutes on it this morning and found I had not properly seated a hose in the quick connector. 

Edited by golfnut 3/7/2016 20:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)