AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm almost ready to buy a 6.0 Ford.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 2/22/2016 10:47 (#5129072 - in reply to #5127939)
Subject: RE: I'm almost ready to buy a 6.0 Ford.....

NW KS/ SC ID
granted 05 has the better front end, but that was the last year of the crappy HPOP, so I would say if you do make a bad decision, go for a 06-07, unless you want a ZF6 and the only one that presents itself is an 05. Loyalty to manual transmissions above all. :)

I am curious as to why you wont own a dodge? IMO a Dodge with a manual or a Duramax/Allison are pretty hard to beat.

If you do get a 6.0L, shop the back rows of dodge or GM dealers, and low ball them. They were going to dump them with issues on a car auction, so the term "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" is in their minds and they will be VERY negotiable. buddy got an 05 for 4500 bucks, big ol ranch hand full replacement, new tires, lariat trim, CCLB F350 SRW, a solid 8-9 out of 10. turns out the hot restart issue was a cut o-ring on an injector. While tore apart, a new 06+ style HPOP was put in, EGR deleted, and a few other things, and after put together they are right around the 7500-8K mark total investment for a truck that a comparable Dodge 6 speed or D/A would be closer to 20K.

So, they are only a disaster if you pay too much. If you find a nice truck with a slight issue on a non-ford dealer back row, and can either do the work yourself or there is a very reputable local shop to do the work, it could be the best bargain in pickups.

The same guy's dad has a 06 CCLB F350 DRW King ranch allready EGR deleted, bought it running good for under 10K 3 years ago (back row of the same dodge dealer), and drives the piss out of it. you can't gum up the VGT if you have a big frame soundguard body tractor on doing 70 down the freeway on cruise. :) IMO a 6.0L needs worked to stay healthy, its the grandpa trucks that have the most issues.

So, do what you want, dont pay too much, and do your homework.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)