AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm almost ready to buy a 6.0 Ford.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 2/22/2016 02:22 (#5128361 - in reply to #5127939)
Subject: RE: I'm almost ready to buy a 6.0 Ford.....

Strathcona, mn
They are a ticking time bomb! Anyone that thinks they have a good one is on borrowed time. I owned a 2005 I bought brand new and that truck darn near put me under and out of business. At the time I was using it in a seeding, snow plowing, and landscape business. I had 6 full pages of warranty claims before I dumped it at 102,000 miles. I took such a beating on that truck I could piss on every 6.0 I ever see. Please, don't put yourself through that, it isn't worth it. Spend however much more money and step over a 6.0. Personally I own 5 superduty trucks of that era and all are gas. I have a mix of 5.4 and v10's. I've had a few of their known issues but I have yet to have anywhere near the money and problems with all 5 combined compared to one 6.0. I have a 5.4 with 295,000 miles that still drives around the farm daily. After having 7.3's and going to a 6.0 I have resorted to not allowing a diesel truck on this farm. I have a 2ton sterling with a real Diesel engine for doing heavy hauling and pulling. I keep pickups around to be pickups, period.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)