AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Homemade Y drops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 2/21/2016 20:22 (#5127821 - in reply to #5127700)
Subject: RE: Homemade Y drops

Morris, IL
Right now i'm thinking of getting some stainless steel for final build and using the just EMT for design to get everything figured out. Not 100% on that. Just looking online SS for this project would not be that expensive, maybe couple hundred dollars. but EMT would be $20 and i have it all sitting here waiting.

Though i had was if that hose is all one top to bottom leaks should not be an issue, with the 1' drop hose i'm thinking i won't get UAN on them but i know how it goes, UAN gets on everything. Honestly i was more worried about them riding on the dirt all day and wear out that way but i think that is a valid point as well.

How much of a problem will shut/turn on time be? With all that hose i'm worried about that. Thinking about a check valve like this in the system https://www.dultmeier.com/products/0.689.1008.3565/5589 but i'm not sure it would hold up on the tail and with me using the hose as the drop i'm not sure it would handle that stress either. I know they work great on my planter.

I hadn't though of PVC, i wonder if torpedo heater would work? I've never worked with bending it. You thinking like the white drain PVC? How can i "weld" them together in the middle? That stuff is pretty tough, would probably last just as long.

Edited by NEILFarmer 2/21/2016 20:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)