AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plugged grain bin?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tc034
Posted 2/5/2016 23:36 (#5091361 - in reply to #5091278)
Subject: RE: Plugged grain bin?

I put a removable 1/2" pvc pipe in all of my bins. No more getting in bins of rice and jabbing and poking to open up sumps. Drill a hole at floor level below the door for the pipe to stick out of the bin and attach the pipe to the floor with 2 conduit clamps to hold it in place. At the sump end put a 90 degree fitting with threads on the open in and screw in a hose barb with a small opening pointing up where the sump is at. When the center sump plugs up attach your air compressor to the pipe and blow up into the plug until it falls in. Two things to be sure and do. Put a small piece of paper towel in the hose barb to keep rice from falling into it and stopping it up and cap the pipe on the outside of the bin to keep trash out of the pipe. It will also stop up the hose barb. I didn't do this on the first ones I made and they stopped up and wouldn't blow the plug out. When you get down to the sweep just undo the conduit clamps with a impact driver and pull the pipe out of the bin. This takes a little bit of time to do but doesn't cost much and it's much better than the alternatives to getting hybrid rice to feed into plugged sumps.

Tom
NE ARK
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)