AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Folks along the Mississippi below St.Louis, how bad is it going to get?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 1/3/2016 09:58 (#5007209 - in reply to #5007071)
Subject: RE: Folks along the Mississippi below St.Louis, how bad is it going to get?

East Central Arkansas

I don't know and don't even know how to begin to predict what it's going to do. There are to many different things that can happen. One thing I do know is it's winter and not spring. We still have spring to come. We begin making preparations to move our farm equipment and tools and supplies from our shop last Monday. It's cold,wet,muddy and short winter days. You just don't seem to get a lot done this time of year around hear. In 11 I had close to 6' of water in our shop. Flood water makes a mess out of stuff you don't even think about it hurting. We do at least have the opportunity to move stuff and sort of prepare before the water reaches us unlike some that are flooded in just a few hours. Deciding when to start and what to move, I don't know how you know. I was really reluctant to move stuff back after 11 but it's hard to believe how much stuff follows you back in 5 years. I live on higher ground only 5 miles from the farm but having a shop and tools where I am working seems to be necessary to make my small farm work. They were predicting 48' at AR City by 1-13-16 and have now changed it to 47' by 1-12-16. Had 47.6 there in 73 and probably 2' of water in shop.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)