AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Babe needs to stick with cute animal pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Orfarmer
Posted 12/19/2015 08:36 (#4971325 - in reply to #4970347)
Subject: RE: I'm confused

Roanoke, IN
You did not do the things I alluded to - no tile so saturated anaerobic conditions, low Ca, and I don't think planting on the "only day in the optimal planting window that I could drive over the field without leaving ruts" would be defined as optimal planting conditions. But you did the best you could given the conditions (weather and inability to tile) except for needing to bring up the Ca a bit. So you agreed with me that in sub optimum conditions, these products provide benefits to production.

It sounds similar to my landlord's farm that I talked about above that I recommended to go the chemical route instead of the non-chemical one.

But these conditions would also benefit from a biological seed treatment. Why must we only rely on poisons to give our crops the needed edge in tough conditions? Monsanto is even now throwing $ at this concept so it will become mainstream instead of just an organic witch doctor recipe. See my treated vs non pic.

I enjoy reading your posts and think you do a great job. Why do you want to drive a wedge between us? I would also be interested in hearing about pesticide use on your farm. Do you think you use more, less, or about the same as standard recommendations?

(20150529_205236.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20150529_205236.jpg (97KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)