AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to get your wife for x-mas???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

oldbones
Posted 12/2/2015 17:35 (#4934273 - in reply to #4934131)
Subject: RE: What to get your wife for x-mas???

Floyd County, Iowa
I have no idea what you should get her. Don't know a single thing about her, or you.

But I will say this. Wife and I are the same way, in that we just go get something instead of waiting for Christmas. We do, however refrain from some of the smaller things, as the kids and grandkids get frustrated if we don't leave some things for them to get us.
Last year, for the first time, the wife and I didn't get each other anything. Previous to that we would get something for both of us, like a new TV, or recliners, etc. But not doing anything last year felt "funny"/sad. Yesterday I ordered her gift from me- a series of books that I know she would like to read. Won't skip a year again without SOMETHING.

As far as vacations, maybe SHE would enjoy getting away from the farm, and all the things she has to do daily at home, maybe for just a long weekend. I can't imagine anyone that wouldn't like a little break.
You may think that everyone should like the farm enough to not want to leave, but that ain't so. I'm happy to be farming and living out in the country, but it doesn't hurt to get away from it occasionally and see some new scenery. To be able to relax and recharge. Surely someone can cover for you for a few days.

Well, you asked for opinions, and there's mine, for what it's worth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)