AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much fan for 120k bu. bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mounder
Posted 11/26/2015 10:39 (#4920037 - in reply to #4919889)
Subject: RE: How much fan for 120k bu. bin

N.W. Illinois
We have a Brock 27 ring 54 ft bin with two Brock 15 hp fans. The two 15 hp fans work great, absolutely no issues moving air. We are always dumping 100+ degree corn into this bin and I have also dumped hot out of the dryer(+130 degree corn) into this bin numerous times. If I was going to have problems cooling and storing corn it would certainly have happened by now. Both fan transitions have a shutter that close when the fans are off and also keep air from blowing against the fan on startup.
We hung the fans off the sidewall. Brock has a nice kit for this.
The Brock full floor and floor supports are great. The installation could not have gone better. Sweeping on cleanout is nice as well.
The roof can be mounted in 2 (not sure but maybe 3) different positions to the sidewalls. Ours is on the widest position. This gives additional air flow and also allows moisture condensation to drip out to the outside of the sidewall. The negative with that big of gap between the roof and sidewall is if you overfill the bin the corn can run out making one heck of a mess with corn all over God's green earth. So far it has not happened to us.
We also had the bin builder put additional narrow vents new the top of the peak. We would not do that again. Crap blowing out of the vents build up between the vent and roof and does not wash off very easy. We have had rust spots develop that had to be painted already.
One last thing to consider is using a butyl sealant for the bottom of the bin. The sealant comes in a 1 inch wide tape that is applied between the concrete and the flat steel that is attached to the last ring. Great stuff, I wish we had it on all of ours bins.
http://www.devansealants.com/grain-bins/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)