AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another bulk oil question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 11/26/2015 06:13 (#4919360 - in reply to #4919136)
Subject: RE: Another bulk oil question

I went with a set from Northern Hydraulics, and have had them around 6 years ? or so. So far, just the one meter quit working, and I tore it apart just to see what failed and ended up a plastic gear had slid over too far on a shaft. I cleaned it, put it back in place and put a dab of silicone to hold it in place and that repaired it.

Accuracy has been very close, and the only other thing that I had fail were the toggle switches on each pump motor. I hardwired in new switches so I can use a wall type switch and it lets me turn the pump on at a more conveinent spot.

I cant help you on a hose reel, I'll be watching this post as well.

If your fuel / oil salesperson can sell pumps / meters, dont rule them out or at least ask. I did not know at the time of my purchase, till he commented after my install some time later, but his was a name brand higher quality item, and a fair amount more too. Kind of a tough decision, as I like to support the locals too, overall, I am satisfied with these though.

very similar pump
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200434945_200434945

I do not see the meter I have listed anymore. If doing over, though, I think I would spend the money and get the meter at the dispensing nozzle kind, especially if you get the hose reel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)