AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another bulk oil question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/26/2015 08:40 (#4919669 - in reply to #4919360)
Subject: RE: Another bulk oil question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A friend of mine showed me the one got through a Deere oil promotion. It looks pretty much like the one in the above link but does have a meter.

I checked with my local Deere dealer. They had no experience with these items. Another Deere dealer in the area had a pump, meter, hose etc. kit at one time. This is what my friend has. Apparently Deere no longer sells the meter but does still sell the rest of the kit.

Since Deere no longer supplies a meter, the dealership purchases a meter from GPI so as to be able to sell the kit with meter again. The pump comes with three sections of draw pipe. Since I was going to use a common 55 gallon barrel I cut the pipe to the proper length. The kit came with 8-10' of 3/4" hose and a quarter turn valve. Since I wanted to be able to reach my combine I got an extra 10' of 3/4" hose from a fleet store. I got a 55 gallon barrel caddy from Amazon.

The meter has two readouts. One is for the batch total which can be reset. The other is for the grand total. The meter measures in quarts. Since I already have a gravity system, I will keep it and use it for small quantities but use the pump/meter for oil changes.

Actually I've got the oil drained on the combine right now. I'm waiting for another set of eyes to watch the meter while I hold the hose in the engine. My eyesight isn't good enough to read the meter from up on the combine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)