AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to change SMS planting data???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

PrecisionNE
Posted 9/14/2015 10:55 (#4788477 - in reply to #4788308)
Subject: RE: How to change SMS planting data???

Eastern Nebraska
Well, there's a couple things I can think of here. I"ll answer your boundary question first. I don't believe with SMS, at least from the things I've been told, that you cannot do interior boundaries directly from SMS to the 2630. I believe that you have to trick the system, but I cannot think how off the top of my head (I'll play around with it and see if I can get it).

You'll want to get into your editor. Now, going to your variety question, because the dataset gets recorded as the entire swath of the planter, you cannot break out half of the planter for the second variety. Now, If you're not talking about split planter varieties, then we may be able to do something a bout it. If you know approximately where the split in the variety is in the field, you could do exactly as you thought, and select by row, hold left ctrl and left click until you've selected your desired section of the field. Then hit your inverse selection button (looks like a square that is black and white, which will select everything else. You can then hit Delete selection, leaving just the area of the field that has the different variety. Then you'll want to hit File and Save As, select the right field, year and the different variety that you want. Hit close at the bottom, and what you've done is created a second dataset for that field. Because you hit "Save As" your original data will still be there. You can then overlay your new variety layer with the original planting map, go into the editor, and delete out the original, incorrect variety. Then when you click on Planting for that field you'll have 1 map, with a variety split where you needed it.

Clear as mud? Haha, I hope that helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)