AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to change SMS planting data???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

HuskerBeef
Posted 9/13/2015 16:11 (#4786938)
Subject: How to change SMS planting data???

Northeast Nebraska
I was going through planting and spraying data, getting everything cleaned up before harvest. I noticed that a field that has two varieties of soybeans planted only shows one mapped for the whole field. Turns out that dad planted that field because I had other commitments that afternoon. Dad can remember to the row where he switched varieties, but he couldn't remember to change it for the mapping! He and technology don't get along that well...

Anyway, is there a way that I can go into this field and split the region into two varieties? I was thinking I would be able to by selecting the swaths I needed to change and edit them, but I don't see where I can change the variety on them. Didn't seem like it would be too difficult, considering I'm sure we're not the only ones that forget to change it when we hop back in the tractor. I don't think SMS support understood what I was trying to do...

TIA for any suggestions!

Edit: And while I'm thinking about it, how do you export an internal boundary from SMS to the 2630 display? Took a while to figure out the external boundaries when trying to plant this spring, but I didn't have time to keep messing around to figure out the internal boundaries.

Edited by FarmerBrady 9/13/2015 16:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)