AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple of pictures for those who say fungicide is snake oil.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/7/2015 13:56 (#4775897 - in reply to #4774055)
Subject: RE: A couple of pictures for those who say fungicide is snake oil.

Chebanse, IL.....

caseih24

You might be taking the situation too personally. I'm sure you realize what works for ME may or may not work for you, or a reader in Georgia. I asked a few questions in a reply down lower in this thread. But, I have to say, most don't doubt your observation. Though I believe at this point the 20 bus might just be subjective (= your observation)? Or, what are you basing that +20 on? Not challenging, just asking.

Also, some of us are doing our best to mimick results like yours so we ask questions. I think you applied via airplane. I understand that many proponents of fungicide claim that ground application will get you more promising results than an airplane. So, why did you choose aerial app? Again, not challenging...asking. Or, do you feel aerial is better than ground app?

What do you think is the cost of application and do you consider increased moisture (= increased drying costs) as part of that cost? Certainly looks like there should be  couple of points difference between those plots. Or, should one consider harvest moisture differences, if there are in fact any?

Finally, some of us have also tried plots of fungicides on corn & beans. Perhaps up to this point we're wondering what we did wrong since we don't get results like yours. I'm not sure that just "spiritual belief" in the system can really trigger any different results, but maybe that is one of the problems some of us have....we like to have proof on our own farms.

As I said in the other reply, I hope you'll report back with factual results after the plot is harvested. Also, I'm curious as to where this might be....no clues in your profile or OP.

Thanks

Ron

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)