AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple of pictures for those who say fungicide is snake oil.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 9/6/2015 16:54 (#4774338 - in reply to #4774130)
Subject: RE: A couple of pictures for those who say fungicide is snake oil.

King City, Mo
cainfarmer - 9/6/2015 15:01

JDPlowboy - 9/6/2015 13:09
Caseih24 - 9/6/2015 13:31
JDPlowboy - 9/6/2015 13:12
Caseih24 - 9/6/2015 13:05 Also need to show this to the pilot. He isn't getting coverage out to his sides as far as he thinks he is.
+1 What disease is out there?
Northern leaf blight.
The best ways to control it. 1 good K level 2 hybrid selection Is it the pics or is the green patch only partially green. It looks like a mix of green and brown leaves. If I had a drone. I could get a much more impressive pic comparing 3 different hybrids against nclb. 1 is dieing, 1 is partially infected, and 1 is disease free. If we are going to win against these diseases, a guy has to work on prevention first. It is a lot like weed control. A pre is king. A fungicide is a band aid to rescue a crop. It is a lot like rup on water hemp. It will only work for a few years, before the diseases win. Fungicides already are failing in Europe.

Agree 100% Fungicide is just a last resort band aid. Why not use the money that was spent on fixing the problem with prevention instead. It may give you a few more bushels and solve long term problems in the long run.

You, me, plowboy and a few others are farming for the long term. I hope to be farming the same land in 50+ years still so my mgmt plan is a little different then others on a 3 year cash rent lease.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)