AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

side dress cocktail
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 8/22/2015 20:37 (#4747897 - in reply to #4747543)
Subject: RE: side dress cocktail

Near-north Ontario, French River
Co-op "here" is doing some trials this year, They are comparing preplant NH3, sidedress NH3,urea, smart N, UAN pre, UAN side dress, UAN+agrotain, side dress and Urea over the top. This is all being done in co-operation with growers so all the treatments aren't necessarily in the same field, They are going out weekly and pulling cores at different depths to try and track the N in the soil profile. So far, with the very wet year we've had the Urea over the top is showing alot of promise, especially compared to Nh3-Pre, and the other sources of unprotected N. Not sure the same would hold true in a drier year but that's what farm scale experiments are all about. I'm sure they will post results to their website when the results come in, if I remember I'll link them here at NAT. Personally we've been UAN sidedress for years, we like it as its speeds planting , and spreads workload out . The addition of agrotain to the UAN helps protect against losses. I will say that our corn has stayed greener than some of the neighbours that are urea ppi or uan sidedress without agrotain. The concern I have with "over the top" urea is being able to get the equipement when we want it, and tramping of corn. With UAN sidedress we are running when corn is 2-4leaf so its much more likely to survive being run over compared to 6-8 leaf corn , or larger,when doing 'over the top" urea. Not sure K would be available enough to be of much use to the corn crop .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)