AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 330 or 335 Turbo Till in Iowa?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

RedRiverLouisiana
Posted 8/18/2015 13:32 (#4739793 - in reply to #4736211)
Subject: RE: Case 330 or 335 Turbo Till in Iowa?

NW Louisiana
We have been running 330's for four years here in LA. I can say that it has been the single best implement we have ever used on our farm. Most of our heavy soils are more productive now using one pass with it versus disking twice and dragging off. We just took delivery of our first 335VT this morning. I can say that Case fixed all the issues I had with the 330. The most annoying problem I had with the 330 is that it wanted to lean back when it was picked up. It looks like the 335 is slightly longer and the landing gear is further back giving it more tounge weight. This was really annoying when turning by a road or ditch and the rolling baskets would slightly rub the ground when turning. Like others have stated the original tires were crap and we had to fix leaks daily from small puncture holes.

I have a question for everyone though: I bought the 335 from an out of town dealer because our local Case dealer doesn't sell Ag equipment anymore. I noticed that the center frame has the new 380/60R16.5 tires on it. They look awesome, but the wing frames still have the 11L15 tires on them. Is this normal it did someone at the dealership pull a fast one on me? I would think that they would need to be same all the way across.

Back to your original question, I've run the 330 on all types of soils and works great. We like to run it with a decent amount of moisture in the ground. Our neighbors ran two Krause VT tools for a couple of years and they did an awesome job as well. He switched to a Deere and it is basically a really expensive disk that doesn't do a very good job.

(IMG_7307.jpg)

(IMG_7308.jpg)

(IMG_7309.jpg)

(IMG_7311.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_7307.jpg (177KB - 184 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7308.jpg (162KB - 163 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7309.jpg (164KB - 169 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7311.jpg (244KB - 177 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)