AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forming a Partnership
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HeyhayJCM
Posted 7/28/2015 07:58 (#4703886 - in reply to #4703857)
Subject: RE: Forming a Partnership

central ohio..between Springville and Millbrook.
redrotor1 - 7/28/2015 07:40

Thanks for the info guys. All 3 of us are good at different things. One is good with numbers, one is good at repairs and technology, I am good at the agronomy side of things. A lot to think about and a lot to talk about. Just trying to find a way to make things easier and I dont want to be in a sprayer for another 20 years. I myself am on the fence.

I agree with everything everyone has said but I ALSO agree with what u just said about everyone having their strengths.

My banker told me the other day that farming has gotten too big and complex for one man to handle it all on his own. You can't keep ur mind straight if you attempt to be a great marketer, agronomist, tech expert, mechanic, and provide the hard labor all while competing with the bto's on the economy of scale.
The future of farming will be assembling a team that can work together..each one contributing in their areas of strength.

But how do we do this and make it work? ?? Farmers are emotional and stubborn in their individual beliefs and so are their wives.

This thread is really interesting in that so many guys are dead set against it!!!

I started out as a hay farmer only. when I started raising grain I did it with a lifelong friend. We were friends from the time we were toddlers. It ruined our friendship and we haven't talked in years. He got to the point he and his wife would bring me a sandwich while I spent 20 hrs in a frigging gleaner F...he did NOTHING labor wise...that wasn't our agreement. Then when I paid off the operating loan he maxed it out again to fund his fledgling lime spreading business and buying his wife a new suv... without telling me. This is the stuff u have to be prepared for...u will never know a person's true colors until you are partners with them. I think it COULD work...and it would be powerful if it did...just be careful!!!

Josh Moorefield

Edited by HeyhayJCM 7/28/2015 11:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)