AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cooking meat, how much to charge?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

AGR568
Posted 7/16/2015 09:35 (#4682785)
Subject: Cooking meat, how much to charge?

East Central Illinois. 39.346676, -87.653484
I don't want to call it Catering because we genrally don't do the whole shebang, generally just preparing porkburgers/tenderloins/chops in our 2 SOUTHERN PRIDE cookers...

Multiple times per year we, our county Pork Producers association gets asked to prepare meat for 4-H, church fundraisers, school/sports fundraisers, little league, customer appreciation/open houses at implement dealers.

We don't charge 4-H or churches. The other not-for-profits, assuming they provide us with some manpower at fairs/festivals don't get charges either.

My question, finally, is what to charge the for-profit folk? We have over 25k invested in our cooker trailer setup, I've been charging $250 to show up and cook for 2 hours, $50/hour beyond that, am I out of line with these #'s?

Those of us that are active and involved with the Pork Producers have full-time jobs off the farm, with only roughly 50% still actively producing pork (many just grew up on farms etc) so we have to take time off of work to cook at these events.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)