AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Contracted Wheat But No Where To Go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Adam3291
Posted 7/9/2015 10:47 (#4669906)
Subject: Contracted Wheat But No Where To Go

Linwood, NC
I'm looking advice on this situation because I have gotten differing opinions from producer friends in my area. I contracted wheat December 14 for July/August 15 delivery with one of the larger grain dealers in our area which then brokers to all the meals. Long story short harvest roles around, excellent yields and good test weights on everything I cut. I always put my stuff in the bin to keep harvest going and then will haul out later. This past Monday I called to make sure they were taking wheat because of the holiday weekend we just had, the response was, "Nope, we are full, try again later in the week." I text the broker to see if I can go to another place with it, the text message I got back was as follows: Not until later, everyone is full right because harvest was early. I know that was a flat out lie because harvest in our area always runs from the middle of June to early July. I just got off the phone again with the mill and now I'm being told it will probably be the week of July 20th before I can move anything and it will be on a limited schedule. I found out the truth from the mill this time, the dealer bought a large amount of wheat during harvest because alot of guys decided not to bin, in return they left no room for any of their contract wheat. Hopefully I haven't left any of the details out, I'm not looking to start a war. I'm a younger guy in this legalized gambling we call farming. What is everyone's thoughts? The only option if looks like I have to to just sit on it and wait or do I have any justification to charge them for storage like one of my neighbors recommended.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)