AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AB lines with different equipment sizes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 7/3/2015 06:54 (#4659043 - in reply to #4658544)
Subject: RE: AB lines with different equipment sizes

NEND
John Deere RTK system. I save different lines for different operations. It's a little time consuming to do, but well worth it after I get them saved. I usually start with my planter A/B line. After I get a line established along a side of a field. I follow these steps...
1-Stop with your tractor sitting right on Track 0
2-Note your heading (go to setup Track Zero, look at track heading)
3-Create new A/B lines (A + Heading method) for every operation you want one for
4-Change to each A/B one at a time and use large shifts (I usually set large shifts to 1 foot) to shift the line so it's exactly in the right place. For example, my planter is 44' wide, my air seeder is 41'. The difference from the edge of the field from one implement to the other is 1.5' (22' - 20.5'). So I would shift my line I created for the air seeder 1.5' closer to the field edge.

This sounds like a pain, but I can do them pretty quick if I have all the numbers that I have to shift for each implement written down. When I save profiles to a USB stick, I'll just save the lines for that particular operation, so I only have the pertinent ones to pick from. I will often do this after harvest with just a tractor actually, so I don't kill any time when planting.

On my wish list would be the ability to create a straight line from an existing one at a specific offset (like they just came out with for A/B Curves). That would make my process even easier. I would think it would be easier to make that possible than making the A/B Curve feature, but I'm no programmer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)