AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AB lines with different equipment sizes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/3/2015 06:05 (#4658976 - in reply to #4658817)
Subject: RE: AB lines with different equipment sizes

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Ag Leader system doesn't automatically move the AB line for you with different equipment but gives you some suggestions. If you use an AB line that was created with an implement of a different width, the system knows that you will likely want to shift the AB line and offers suggestions. It doesn't automatically shift the lines since you might have other ideas.

For example, if the original AB line was created with a 60' implement and the implement you are using today is 40', it will suggest moving the line 10'. This is because with the 60' implement, the AB line maybe 30' from the edge. You may want the shifted AB line 20' from that edge. The Ag Leader suggestion screen allows you to use that suggested shift or change it. This shift can be to the Left or to the Right. Many times, the direction doesn't matter but sometimes it does. The Left/Right shift is based on the direction of the original AB line. As I recall, the Ag Leader system even allows you to make this change in terms of rows rather than just feet.

Another way to handle this shift with an Ag Leader system would be to pick the old line and visually line up where you want to be and then use the Remark A concept. This will create a new set of guidance lines of the correct spacing but at the location where you are when you do the remark step.

The Ag Leader suggested shift screen is very helpful to me. The programmers of other systems may feel that a screen of this nature is unnecessary or confusing. This is another example where the Ag Leader designs seem to have been done by people who have actually experienced or thought through the real world aspects of the process.

Edited by tedbear 7/3/2015 11:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)