AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chevy 5.3L V8 problems?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dan Loehr
Posted 6/7/2015 09:27 (#4613072)
Subject: Chevy 5.3L V8 problems?

Holland, Indiana (SW IN)
Have a 2012 Chevy 1500 4X4 W/T 5.3L 6 speed 110,000mi bought new- well maintained-used on the farm- beginning to get a pretty rough around the edges- probably will trade in 10 -20K miles.

Like the chevy OK -not many maintance issues except the engine -under warranty put in lifters at 52K , lost oil pump & engine at 55,000 mi. all repaired under warranty-had a friend -same engine (5.3)
his replaced by GM at 125000 mi. cost him $5000+ his lifters replaced at 80,000 mi. by GM (warranty)

To my question can't really figure out what to buy when I trade-like the chevy- pretty inexpensive- I buy the plain Jane WT- like the 1500- goes good in the mud, rides pretty good-but what about the engines? Possibly we both had lemons? Like the 6 sp trans longest I ever had A trans go and still be working right-possibly got lucky.

Should I consider a diff size engine? Probably not smaller -pull a trailer pretty often. Maby I shouldn't worry about it I guess they still have 100K power train warranty ? But I really miss all the tools and stuff in my truck when it's gone for 2 wks.

Any comments or advice appreciated. Would consider a diff brand but hate to spend a lot more than the WT- trucks are not worth much when I'm done with them.

Thanks Dan.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)