AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking to buy a new lawn mower. Need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 6/5/2015 21:14 (#4610858 - in reply to #4609625)
Subject: RE: Looking to buy a new lawn mower. Need advice

West Union, Illinois

thefarmers -... bought a husquarvana 61" last year from Rural king when they were on sale. Hopefully will be a good mower but won't no for a while. Anyone have any experience with one?
I think you're back to the different grades issue.  When I bought my Husqvarna there were 4 different series of machines.  They had a couple series of consumer machines and a couple series of commercial.  The one you get form Rural King will probably be consumer series.  My LZ was a high end commercial rig.  If it was dry it would cut just about anything you tried. Blooming red clover took two passes  Seriously!  But it was no good in wet grass.  It had a high air flow deck and it gummed up when wet.  I saw a couple  on a commercial mowing serve ruck one time with the stamped deck instead of the heavy fabricated like mine.  They said with the stamped deck they could mow anytime.

I traded for a Deere after having a few issues with the Kohler engine.  The deciding factor for me was service.  The local Deere dealer has much better support than the Husqvarna dealer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)