AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sharp turns with Pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Farmer 4 ever
Posted 5/28/2015 14:53 (#4595879 - in reply to #4595427)
Subject: RE: Sharp turns with Pro 700

Quebec, Canada
I created a curve line with many sharp turns in it this morning to check it out. At 15.5' it wasn't able to show me the guidance lines from that curve. At 16.4' It was able to show the lines and it was following the path not bad. The more I would increase the number, the more it would round the curves. Setting it up too much would do the same as at 15.5' where it wouldn't be able to generate the lines anymore. You are right Torn, I don't turn that sharp with my 30' planter. In fact I mostly don't turn at all. The thing is I always go around my field twice before using the AB line because of crooked ditches or crooked fields. When I do that, I don't turn around the corners. I drive straight until the front tractor wheels are about to get in the ditch. After I lift up, turn and back the planter right close to the ditch on the other direction. Then I use my headland line again. That's why if I could I would get the system to do no smoothing of the curves at all and have square corners. I don't care that my tractor can't turn that sharp, I just want to enable guidance as quick as I can when I go forward after backing up to a corner.

Don't know if it's clear enough... Anyway As soon as I can unhook the planter, I will do other trials directly with my headland lines in the field. I guess I'm on the good way to make it work now . Thanks everyone for your input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)