AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i need thoughts on my grain marketer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

int800
Posted 5/17/2015 23:11 (#4577013)
Subject: i need thoughts on my grain marketer

About 4 years ago I hired a marketer to help knowing I needed it. But needless to say I'm not real happy. So tell me your opinions please as I give a few examples of my frustrations. Last year I had about 10000 bu of corn in the bin and I called him and said corns at 5 bucks I think I should dump it. He said be patient it could jump .15 cents a couple days later it started to puke and he kept saying be patient. Well finally got rid of it at 4.30. Last summer I shorted the maket on corn and beans and made a ton of money. Early Oct I called him and said I don't want to get to greedy and thought I should get out. He said be patient well wrong again lost all I had and he said he patient it will puke again. So early Nov. He calls me and says to sell 20 percent of corn at 3.65 I said well don't u think it can still go up he says well maybe but he didn't think so. Then this winter when corn was 3.8 I called and said should I be moving some. No no it will get to 4.20. So thinking he's right I held out. Well 2 weeks ago he tells me to dump it all so my question is would you guys keep him or move on. I pick up a lot of info here and I'm not all that bullish but I don't see why I should pay a guy with no skin in the game make bad calls I could do myself. Looking for opinions thanks in advanve

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)