AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i need thoughts on my grain marketer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 5/18/2015 07:55 (#4577342 - in reply to #4577013)
Subject: RE: i need thoughts on my grain marketer

My advice when using a consultant:

Never let them make the decision, It was YOUR decision, and always should be...own it.

You should be looking for data analysis, and advise on how to structure a position. Where to put in stops, what put/call levels to buy, what months to use, etc. If you are making moves from the tractor its nice to have someone there to answer questions without having to run home and spend a bunch of time looking at charts and reading reports.

Make sure your consultant is the right kind. I once worked with a guy who was more of a speculator consultant, not a "risk management consultant". He thought we could just sit on the sidelines and wait for good opportunities. What he didn't understand that we are NEVER on the sidelines, I'm always long physical grain unless I do something.

But you might as well move on from this guy. It doesn't work to have a confrontational relationship with a consultant. Sometimes you just lose the magic, but from a risk management standpoint(his job) he has been doing poor. I suspect you may be working with a speculator type consultant. I recently let one go that had screwed something up royally. I'd used him for years and liked him a lot personally, but it just wasn't the same after that....But it was partially my fault because I broke one of my own rules...I let them talk me out of when I wanted and so I let them make a decision...they were wrong....epically....it wasn't the same after that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)