AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you propose as an alternative to low prices to balance supply and demand?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 5/4/2015 07:24 (#4550861 - in reply to #4550321)
Subject: RE: What do you propose as an alternative to low prices to balance supply and demand?

west central illinois
429 - 5/3/2015 20:07

rich79 - 5/3/2015 22:01

Yes, there is some land that is rented too high, however Im sick and tired of hearing that is our number 1 issue. I crop share almost everything I rent. The number 1 issue is land taxes. Our real estate taxes have quadrupled in the last ten years. So, Sat should I go to the school district and tell them Im only going to pay 2/3 of what my tax bill is, because its to high. I wonder how far I get with that. What should I tell the old gentleman I do cash rent a dryland farm from . 10 years ago his taxes were 12 dollars an acre and I was giving him 85 dollars rent. Today his real estate taxes are 65 an acre so I wonder if I should ask him to cut his rent back to 85 since land costs are the number 1 issue. I have almost zero debt and its going to be a tough year, I dont know how guys who are leveraged any amount can come close to making money this year. Then I hear about "well South America can produce it for 50 cents less a bushel." Well, they are a third world country. Our taxes will never be lower than theirs down under. How much added cost do I have because everybody I do buisness with has to comply with OSHA and the EPA, Maybe we should shut those outfits down and lower our cost of production on that end. Good luck with that one with Obama and the dems who only want more regulation and govt control. The simple truth is, our costs of production has gone to the next level and corn just needs to be in the 4 to 4.50 range, because you are all living in the twillight zone if you really believe inputs are coming down to the range of 7 to 10 years ago and we can grow corn for 2.50.

Don't forget we now need the EPA to keep mandating ethanol usage,strange bedfellows.
no we don't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)