AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you propose as an alternative to low prices to balance supply and demand?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 5/3/2015 12:59 (#4549617 - in reply to #4549590)
Subject: RE: What do you propose as an alternative to low prices to balance supply and demand?

NCND
I went to the black market straight cash deal. Problem is no dealer network and zero product support.

it is looking more and more like I'm going to have to wait this out like everyone else. Can't say I didn't try!

1234 if you knew what a PLC payment on a canola base acre was you would flip turds. This coming from a guy who during the reclassification period went away from canola so I don't have a canola base to speak of now even with reallocation. It is what it is but whoever from the canola lobby did the work to get that deal in should be awarded huge as over next 5 years a canola base acre should pay around 300 bucks an acre and that's all but guaranteed. That kind of payment is further incentive for guys to keep their heads stuck in the sand on marketing and how to use marketing tools. I mean heck I get 60 an acre for signing my name why would I learn about mitigating risk or managing futures with that backstop giving me +60 before I even put the pencil to paper or plow to the dirt?

The proverb teach a man to fish comes to mind when discussing these programs. Guys have been getting their fish(high prices) but now when the fishing slows who actually learned how to fish while the fish were just jumping in the boat?

It's best to make a little money when everyone else is losing money than to make money when everyone else is making money. The latter you blow your wad competing. The former you win battles by merely showing up. Hence I believe down times provide the most opportunity far and away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)