AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

educate me on insurance, are my work tools covered?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

shade
Posted 4/26/2015 22:04 (#4539903 - in reply to #4539810)
Subject: RE: educate me on insurance, are my work tools covered?

NC Kansas
Back in the late 80's, I had my tools (Snap-On) stolen out of the farm shop where I was employed. It was not MY shop or MY FAMILY'S shop, but the FARMER'S shop. My tools were listed on my homeowners policy. One night they were stolen, along with many items the farmer owned out of HIS shop. I turned in a claim with my agent, he laughed at me. I called the company and told them about it and they wanted a detailed itemized list of the tools with the CURRENT value. I had bought them in '83 when I went to Vo-Tech so they were 5-6 years old and did have some wear. It was a basic set of SAE tools and a few metrics, top chest and bottom roller cabinet. They paid me full CURRENT NEW value at the time they were stolen. The insurance company said that Snap-On tools were lifetime warranty and thus appreciated in value, not depreciate. I was surprised that they paid and the value astonished me!

My advise, use the pictures and make an itemized list of all your tools. Get the prices from the maker (Snap-On, Craftsman, etc.) and then just modify the list as you delete and add tools. They add up to major $$$$ and I would imagine insurance would be quite reasonable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)