AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

educate me on insurance, are my work tools covered?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 4/27/2015 20:20 (#4541333 - in reply to #4541275)
Subject: RE: Should I go through the hassle?

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

caleb2684 - 4/27/2015 20:01 Okay so my insurance lady says they are not covered under my homeowners unless I specifically add them by line item. To do so I would need an entire inventory with model seria(if applicable)l and price. I think I counted over 25 Klien screw drivers I have, numerous sockets, Mayhew punches and chisels, etc. If bet there's a few hundred pieces easily. Problem is she can't quote it until she goes through each line item. The other option she mentioned would be an "inland marine" policy and would still require a line item. I guess at this point I probably should make an inventory that way I will have record of what's mine and what's the companies anyway. I'm pretty proficient on Excel and Amazon has nearly every tool I own on their site so I could use the "list" price as my starting point. I guess I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens. I'd be devastated if my tools got stolen. Thanks for the replies and insight. Caleb

I think you probably just answered your own question. Is it a lot of work and hassle? Yep. Is it a PITA? Yep. Do you want to wake up some morning with none or at least significantly less of your tools and try to figure out the loss and the inventory (what's yours and what's the company's) from memory, and then pay for all the replacements out pocket? Probably not.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)