AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

estates and greed for money.. latest update from below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

bspf
Posted 4/14/2015 05:47 (#4515536)
Subject: estates and greed for money.. latest update from below

N.E. Iowa
Over the week-end my wife saw her sister (here from out of state) and she had an old family bible that my wife thought that her sister would like. Gave it to her and was told that she couldn't take it as the brother had stated that "nobody got anything out of the house with-out paying for it first."
My wife told her that all of Mom's stuff belonged to Dad not the brother and he had no right to tell anybody what Dad would give them. It was up to Dad who got what and that the brother just liked to throw his weight around.
My wife had been given the Bible by their Mother but thought that her sister would like it (extremely religious). So the sister went and asked Dad if she could have the Bible and he said yes of course. She was extremely excited to have it.

Now yesterday my wife gets a call from her brother complaining about the estate's lawyer and how slow he is on getting things done.
After all, their mother died a month ago and he still hasn't gotten a check from the insurance company paying on the life insurance policy.

So he went and ordered more death certificates to send them in himself to the companies to get the money out faster.

NICE

edit to add following.

The estate didn't get opened till last week as the lawyer had to wait for the brother to get the papers back from his vacation in texas (brothers vacation).
Then in Iowa it has to go to a judge then get published before anything can be done. So actually it's only been a week since the first publishing of the estate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)