AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 8 display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chimel
Posted 4/3/2015 07:04 (#4493448 - in reply to #4492385)
Subject: RE: Windows 8 display

I was referring to the Metro or Modern startup screen. Microsoft went for a design that from their own admission, they wanted Swiss and clean, with tiles of solid colors. The desktop or the apps are a whole different area, you can have several million different colors on the same screen, for photographies, high definition movies or fast paced HD games. Transparency or translucence is just a recomputation of these colors, so that a dark green will for instance be rendered as a slightly lighter green in order to simulate transparency, just like graphic editors display render different layers as one flat picture. Displays are still 2D, not 3D.

I decided to skip Windows 8 for Windows 10 altogether, it's just too painful to see that Modern interface appear randomly because you pressed some key or moved the mouse to some hot spot. Instead of replacing my old XP netbook with something Windows 8, I am trying to see if the "phablets" can replace laptops altogether, as I still keep a desktop Windows 7 computer and don't need touch. But if you have to buy a new laptop, as well get the latest operating system. Computers are a huge security concern, you really don't want to access your banking and other confidential data using the lax security of older systems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)