AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Negotiating on Cash Bids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 3/26/2015 08:38 (#4477914 - in reply to #4477865)
Subject: RE: Negotiating on Cash Bids

Red River Valley
In my case almost all sales are split futures and basis - So when dealing with an buyer I will have a set basis number that I'm looking for, so when talking to them that becomes my offer and it will stand. If they give a counter offer and it seems reasonable then one can take that and call it a day, if not simply tell them your number let them know that number is also offered to others if you have other buyers in your area.

Once the number is out there I will let every buyer know the first offer is the one I'm taking and stand by the number.

Once basis is set selling futures is easy

When Ray J tells you that there is no place to enter MORE in his platform he is correct but If he ( or any buyer ) knows your going to stick with your offer it allows them to try to make deals with others.

example -- In our area if a shuttle loader is trying to but a train together and he has 280K bushels that have a desired basis level than he can start talking to the RR and the PNW buyer with some convection on pricing figuring he only need to buy a relatively small amount on the "OPEN" market. gives them some leverage when dealing with there end user. Once you have a history of honoring the offers you will find that they call back a lot and get Pretty close if not to those offer's. On the other hand if they call you back in a few days and you say NO but if you would come up say another .05 then I would take it you can bet they will not spend much time calling you in the future.

Edited by Tara Farms 3/26/2015 08:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)