AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soy populations.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pete-medina
Posted 1/28/2015 15:00 (#4345064 - in reply to #4344973)
Subject: RE: Soy populations.

Lockyer valley, QLD, Australia
No roundup ready down here, basically all we have for soy is blazer and basagran. i normally only use blazer, damn expensive as their isn't any other choice. works out at $45 dollars/ac. for grass I normally use targa(Quizalofop) and spray some zinc with at early stage. Works out cheaper than a fallow spray of round up any way but only kills grasses, johnsons is the main worry. We are pretty backwards compared to you guys. The paddock where these beans are going could have problem with phasey bean. I think it is a native legume plant, but very similar to cow pea/mung bean/soy. so can not be sprayed in crop. hence I prefer narrow rows. I can sow any row width I want with drill from 5 to 30" row. In shorter season beans I normally sow 2-5" rows then skip a row, another 2 and so on. Works nice for the variety as is shorter more erect plant. (actually a US variety from early 1990"s)
For this variety I had thought as narrow a row as possible but i might be better at lower pops on a wider row. It would be a twin 30" row. Might try a few header widths, I am I bit hesitant as have once before and paddock was clean of weeds but by the end of season 30 " rows had some weeds in it.

(DSC02276.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC02276.JPG (163KB - 624 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)