AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need a good picture editing program.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 1/20/2015 13:49 (#4325398 - in reply to #4325025)
Subject: RE: Tried it - Initial experiences

roaming
tedbear - 1/20/2015 09:09

torn - 1/20/2015 07:44

Paint.NET and the GIMP are both excellent and free tools, in many ways approaching the capabilities and user interface of commercial products like Photoshop or PaintShop Pro.

www.getpaint.net

www.gimp.org

Upon the above advice I downloaded Getpaint this morning. The download went as expected.

Many of the features seem familiar with my past experience with PhotoShop. I experienced some initial success which brings up a couple of questions.

I notice many of the tools have a single letter shortcut while others have the more usual Control + a key. I have not been successful in using a single letter to invoke the shortcut. Is another key such as a Control key needed with these shortcuts?

After messing with the tool menu, it disappeared but could be dropped down upon command but would pop back up. I discovered some icons on the top right that got the menus to reappear and stay "pulled down" as they did originally.

I was fond of the rounded rectangle tool in Photoshop but didn't notice it in Getpaint.

Is there a help file or guide that I should look at? I found a link to a tutorial written some years ago with good reviews but when I tried to access it, I hit a dead end. Maybe the tutorial has been removed, it was from 2008.

Hi Ted. I can't help you with the keyboard shortcuts, because I don't use them in Paint.NET. I don't really know why I don't, because I use them all the time in other programs.

Here's a link to the official Paint.NET documentation:
http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/

and here's a link to the page showing rounded rectangles:
http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ShapeTools.html
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)