AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excel - randomizing data for splitting farmland
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/21/2014 08:34 (#4254525 - in reply to #4252665)
Subject: RE: Excel - randomizing data for splitting farmland

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ed Boysun - 12/20/2014 08:57

One guy splits up the parcels and the other guy gets to choose which batch of parcels he wants. After that, horse trading can begin if both are agreeable to parcel swaps.

This reminds me of a situation in my own family. My Grandmother and her sister owned 160 acres together and rented the land out to a single renter. This 160 was actually two 80's end to end with a road down the middle. One 80 had a building site and a creek while the other 80 was just bare land.

As they got older they decided that it might be best to split the land up before one of them died. My Dad (knowing his Aunt) told his mother to pick the 80 with the buildings on it. Dad was quite sure that the sister would then think that the piece with the buildings on it was more valuable and she would want it. He told his mother to "hang tough" for a bit but then give in. This is exactly what happened and my Grandmother got the best 80. The sister died fairly soon after the split up and her 80 was sold. The new owner promptly knocked down the building site.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)