AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm sorry I'm posting this. I never thought I'd get into the TW debate but...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ndred
Posted 10/25/2014 15:16 (#4144507 - in reply to #4144467)
Subject: RE: I'm sorry I'm posting this. I never thought I'd get into the TW debate but...

s nd
You have to accept that a bushel is what is in the picture, not any pounds of this or that. Thirty two quart jars full of grain. About nine gallons if this link works. All full to the same level. The bushel came before the test weight or the the selling point of 56 pounds for corn. They do not sell a 500 bushel truck box as five hundred bushel for 56 pound corn/ or 535.7 for 60 pound corn. Volume of five hundred bushel box is the same.

(Guess what, your bushel basket isn't full due to the 60 lb/vol kernels taking up less volume.

My bushel basket is running over slightly due to the higher volume of the 54 lb/vol.

Your bushel basket weighs the same as mine, both 56 lbs.

In order to fill your bushel basket you need to harvest more ears. Now your kernel count is higher and your weight is higher.

You have more acres per basket.

This is exactly why we don't sell by volume. )

You don't get to change the volume when dealing with bushels. It is a set measurment. You fill both baskets the same when comparing anything, including test weight.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6217713_calculate-volume-bushels.html Please again would someone make this an active link. It mght take, but not sure

Edited by ndred 10/25/2014 15:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)