AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Different ways of fertilizing-planter-broadcast?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 10/22/2014 08:22 (#4139570 - in reply to #4139511)
Subject: RE: Different ways of fertilizing-planter-broadcast?

Iron Archer - 10/22/2014 07:56

I'm going to try more broadcast AMS with a little urea this year before corn. If weather conditions allow how soon do you guys like to do this? Keep in mind I'm in a high rainfall area.
I'm shooting for between 50-80lbs of nitrogen pre-plant. Is there a general rule of thumb you guys like to use for sulfur? Most things I read here and there are about 40lbs per acre.

Any thoughts?
i like to get between 15-20 lbs. actual S applied. My current method is the elemental 90 percent at 9 lbs. acre, in the strip fall applied, then the coop puts the other half of S in with the 32 percent when I sideress with hiniker cultivator. I ran into an issue this spring because of N economics, and applied 200 lbs. actual nh3 on C on C, so I lost my ability to get my second application of sulphur on. Ended up having to make a special trip across those acres with a product called Maxin sulphur sprayed over the top. I won't do that again. I made the mistake of not asking the price. Another thing I will never do again. Think maybe will use a higher percentage of pre nh3, and less 32 sideress, because of the cheaper N, and still be able to get my s on in a manner that is efficient. Curious about how other guys manage Sulphur also. I'm in a strip till program. Dry fert. thru a Montag.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 10/22/2014 08:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)