AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Different ways of fertilizing-planter-broadcast?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 10/22/2014 06:40 (#4139355 - in reply to #4139291)
Subject: RE: Different ways of fertilizing-planter-broadcast?

southern MN
Good questions.

I am putting down a 100# dry band 2x2 with the planter including micros, and spring broadcasting dry variable rate before planting to build my ground a bit from the low levels.

4 years in, we haven't had a 'normal' year to find out if its working or not..... As well I added a lot of tile so hard to say what is doing which to improve things.

In really trying weather conditions, my crops look better and are holding up yields, so I think its working..... I've never seen so much water or as much crop under deep water as this June, and yet the beans are as good as they have been this year. So something is working.

Our rainfall patterns have been so mixed up, flood every June, drought every fall but this year, that it is hard to see where the crop would find nutrients, no matter when or how applied.

I think I like nh3 better than spring urea slightly, but with the rest of the program urea works out simpler (cheaper by saving a trip) and so going with that for a while. I do like the combo of broadcast and banded p and k for the corn, I think that covers my needs as best as can, and granular is cheaper.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)