AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I alone? I'm under 40 and NOT getting any...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairyman78
Posted 10/18/2014 19:59 (#4133881 - in reply to #4133115)
Subject: RE: Am I alone? I'm under 40 and NOT getting any...

S.C. Wisconsin
Being a dairy farmer since I was 18 I worked 7 days a week with having every other Sunday afternoon of, later we started to take off every 3rd weekend, I then graduated to every other weekend off. But if we were harvesting then there was no time off. Now that I am semi retired I only work weekends if we are harvesting. I also now am a snow bird for 2 months our of the year. I am not bragging or complaining as it was my chosen occupation. Since we are not big socialites or party people my time off is generally spent working around my house or on some of my toys. When we started taking some weekends off we planned for it and a lot of times we worked little longer during the week so we could take some time off. The point is that like retirement you have to plan for taking some time off or it never happens. If you think about it nobody else besides your self can make it happen. There are a few that flame me when I post pictures of what we are doing during my retirement years but it wan't always that way, and I am enjoying taking in a lot of things that were out of reach in my younger days. So my advice would be to plan to take some time off and enjoy it as it seems that you have earned it. Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)