AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I alone? I'm under 40 and NOT getting any...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 10/18/2014 11:43 (#4133326 - in reply to #4133115)
Subject: RE: Am I alone? I'm under 40 and NOT getting any...

Mid Michigan
I wish I were still under 40 and not getting any saturdays off. I get to be 50 and hardly any saturdays off. I get to punch a time clock and be gone 10 hours a day six days a week and they ask for sunday and I tell them no. We finally made up some ground this last week so I may get a few saturdays off. Then on sunday I get to catch up on mowing two lawns or clearing snow, doing dishes, vacuuming the floors, laundry, brushogging, maintaining vehicles, taking care of pets, filling out and sending bills, keeping groceries in the house, keeping money in the bank, going to family functions, and if its spring or fall being a part time farmer. I'm in a rut 20 feet deep and cant even see the top anymore. My body feels like a car with 300,000 miles on it. I'm seriously thinking about quitting the full time job and taking about a 3-5 year vacation to do what I want before I'm too old to care. Getting to that point already. Where I work you either show up on time every day and get your production out 6 days a week or the fire you. Not much wiggle room in there. I work with 65 year olds that won't let go. They keep coming in and I know they don't do anything at home because they're too worn out. Working like that only benefits you financially. All the other important catagories in life like physical, mental, spiritual, community, love, volunteering, friends, all go on the back burner. Not balanced at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)