AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Estate planning or lack thereof
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

paul the original
Posted 10/15/2014 08:02 (#4127521 - in reply to #4127455)
Subject: RE: Estate planning or lack thereof

southern MN
Yup.

Add on of there are 13 direct heirs to this, their spouses and their children end up being the ones adding their 2 cents, and so you are looking at maybe 30 people all trying to correct generations of hurt feelings (uncle Joe got the egg washer in 1955 and I got nothing I want my share this time!) and looking out for themselves first......

Happens more often than not.

Going to be hard for us to do more then listen and agree it gets messy, we only hear one side and there are - 13 - sides..... ;)

Just for example:

So, if you rented the land for free, but helped with the cows in exchange for the free rent.... That there involves the cows in this whole mess, because land assets are being exchanged for cow labor. I'm not going to try to unravel it all, but there you are the cattle got involved in it all one way or another. The silent partners in this see both the land and the cows growing, and them not getting their piece of the pie - you got use of land, other fella got free labor, we all got nothing while you both benefitted all these years..... Now right or wrong, that is gonna be their point of view.....

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)