AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about insurance settlement over auto wreck.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DavidD4440
Posted 9/29/2014 11:53 (#4099353)
Subject: Question about insurance settlement over auto wreck.

Tennessee
To me I think it's not only wrong, but unfair and dishonest. Don't know if this is different in other parts of the US. I wasn't involved in the wreck, it was a relative. I helped take pictures and get information from the police department and talk with attorneys. My relative was simply driving straight down a highway and another driver didn't yield at a stop sign. The crash was pretty bad. The only injuries sustained were by my relative. As a result, they are no longer able to drive.

Nobody had thoughts that they won the lottery, but the insurance company paid attorneys lots of money and drug it out indefinitely. Every offer they made wasn't enough to pay the medical bills. It was clear they had no intentions on being fair at all.

Just wanted to give you a little background on the situation.

Here's my question: why or how did insurance companies get away with having a law in place that limits any settlement according to your income? It may be old news, but it still stinks. If you lose a leg or arm in a wreck, but only make $30,000 a year, somehow it's ok to limit damages due to another driver's negligence just because the person injured doesn't make much?

I understand having limits in place to protect the insurance companies, but if you see things up close in a courtroom, it is far different than just reading about it somewhere. When you see your loved one hospitalized when they did nothing wrong and get pushed around by attorneys and a greedy insurance company, it'll get your temperature to rising.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)