AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prospects for agribusiness graduates in the US job market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johndeere1993
Posted 9/16/2014 08:52 (#4077182 - in reply to #4076889)
Subject: RE: Prospects for agribusiness graduates in the US job market

Queensland, Australia
thanks for the replies everyone!

@caleb_brown, thanks for sharing that! I did actually intend on being an agronomist early in my degree although I have found over time that I do enjoy the agribusiness side more. It's definitely still an option though!

@Brandon yeah that is a good point to consider - pretty scary in a way. That is certainly an option to consider. I've always wanted to spend a few years in the US before I met her, but never really intended staying there permanently. If that was to ever happen (even though the chances are little to none) I'd eventually go back to Oz. There are pro's and cons for each country but as a couple and her career we are much better staying over there. And thanks!

@swne That's quite interesting. Agronomists are in high demand over here as well. Maybe I might have to reconsider the agronomy path again. I've got 9 months till I can make my mind up and the best I can do is just keep looking around and apply if an opportunity arises. I might even apply for the CGB grain merchandiser trainee position later in the year. If worse comes to worse I have a high paying farm job to go to while searching for work. Thanks for the advice!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)