AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AT&T data usage high
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Glenn Dye
Posted 9/14/2014 21:52 (#4074887)
Subject: AT&T data usage high

Appomattox/Fredericksburg, VA
Just switched a couple months ago from Verizon to AT&T solely because our cell phone reception dropped off the map for some reason since Sept. 2012. We had an 8GB plan with Verizon and usually never went over about 5GB. Now have a 10GB plan with AT&T and the first month had to add 5GB because we were going over. Again this month with 18 days left in the cycle we're over 4GB already. 2 smartphones and wireless internet wifi. The wifi is the problem. It's used over 2GB but we're not doing anything different than we used to with Verizon. What could be using it? It is secure with a password from AT&T. I have a laptop connected and wireless printer. Wii gets connected if the wife watches Netflix (which she hasn't since the first billing cycle so we can try and pinpoint what's using the data). I have to cut the data off for it during the day while I'm gone and turn it back on when I need to use the internet. Thought getting 2 more GB of data usage would be nice but we can't even do what we used to with 5GB! Hopefully someone smarter than me can help me out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)