AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's been a long time...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 9/2/2014 09:51 (#4051688 - in reply to #4051277)
Subject: RE: It's been a long time...

Nebraska aka the boondocks
Sarcasm point taken... lol My experience tells me that I always am looking for the heavier test weight, it "usually" is indicative of better corn. I would always want to haul "less" heavy loads to town for the same bushels of "lighter" corn. However, there are hybrids that are lighter that have more yield after the dust settles. Some numbers are just heavier than others, doesn't always mean they yield better. Also, as with many other debates on here, there is a regional skew. Our corn in western Nebraska is usually always heavy as compared to other numbers I see posted here, but again that doesn't always or ever mean the yield is better than another location. The only explanation for any argument on this issue, is that some people are confusing "volume" and "weight," not the same by any means. I have always found this site's calculator to be very accurate, which I am sure many are already familiar with. http://farmnetservices.com/calc/index.html never have hauled the same amount of bushels from a bin yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)